Microscopy Facility News
- TIRF. The TIRF microscope has been upgraded with an Andor iXon emCCD camera and a 405 nm laser. [8/31/12].
- Fluorescence microscopy. A widefield fluorescence microscope (inverted) has been set up in 9-069e. The system is a Zeiss Axiovert 200 equipped with a Hamamastu ORCA ER CCD camera, Colibri LED illumination unit (blue, green, red), white light LED and a stage heater (for live cell imaging). [4/30/12].
- Confocal laser scanning microscopy. A Zeiss LSM 710 microscopy has been installed in room 9-069a (replacing the old LSM 510). The new microscope is a 34 channel spectral system (equipped with a 32-channel array detector (QUASAR) and two side PMT detectors, plus a transmitted light detector) and is configured around an AxioObserver (inverted) stand with a motorized XY stage. The system has five lasers: blue diode (405 nm), multi-line Argon (458, 488, 514 nm), green diode (561 nm), red HeNe (633 nm) and a 440 nm pulsed laser and is set up for FRET, FRAP and FLIM analysis. [4/30/12].
- Confocal laser scanning microscopy. A Zeiss LSM 700 has been installed in room 9-073a. The system is configured around an AxioImager (upright) stand and has 4 solid state lasers (405 nm, 488 nm, 555 nm, and 635 nm), 2 confocal PMTs, a variable secondary dichroic (VSD) beamsplitter and a transmitted light detector. [4/16/12]
- Confocal microscopy. The Zeiss LSM510 META confocal laser scanning micrsocope will be replaced in April, 2012 with a new Zeiss LSM 710 confocal laser scanning microscope. The new microscope will be equipped to accommodate live cell imaging, FRET, FRAP, & FLIM. [2/27/12]
- TIRF. The total internal reflection fluorescence microscope has been upgraded with Olympus cellTIRF steering optics and will soon be upgraded with an emCCD camera, a multi-channel AOTF and a 405 nm laser. [2/27/12]
- Stereology. The CAST2 system has been recently upgraded with newCAST software and a new CCD camera (capable of imaging fluorescent samples). [9/20/11]
- A Becker & Hickl Fluorescence Lifetime Imaging system with 2 hybrid GaAsP detectors has been added to the multi-photon microscope. [7/15/11]
- The Veeco BioscopeII AFM has been upgraded to a Bruker Catalyst AFM. [6/17/11]
- The spinning disc confocal microscope, puchased with funds from an NIH-NCRR shared instrumentation award, has been installed recently. The Zeiss Cell Observer SD spinning disc confocal microscope is equipped with a Yokogawa CSU-X1A spinning disc, 2 Photometrics QuantEM 512SC cameras (for high speed, high sensitivity imaging), a high resolution piezo driven Z stage (for rapid 3D data collection), 4 lasers (405 nm, 458/488/514 nm, 561 nm, 635 nm), Colibri LED, FRAP/uncaging and a stage incubation system (to support live cell / live tissue imaging). [1/31/11]
- Several of the microscopes and other equipment in the facilty have been relocated to new rooms: AFM (9-077), MPLSM (9-075), stereoscope (9-056e), cryostat (9-056d), vibratome (9-056), fluorescence microscope (9-056f), stereology (9-056a), microdissection system (9-075b). [1/31/11]
- A dedicated cell culture facility, to support live cell imaging, has been set up in Sanger 9-075b. [1/31/11]
- A Zeiss AxioImager2 automated upright microscope equipped with a Q-Imaging CCD camera, fluorescence optics, motorized XY stage, microcator and Microbrightfield Neurolucida imaging / image analysis software has been installed. [10/15/10]