Confocal Laser Scanning Microscopy
Those who abuse these Microscopy facility rules and/or equipment will lose sign-up privileges.
- Users must receive training in the use of the microscope prior to use. Only training from the Microscopy facility staff is acceptable. If you have not had instruction from the facility staff in the use of the microscope, you must arrange a training session with the facility director prior to reserving time.
- Due to demand for microscope time, users may reserve, in advance, only one session at a time. Additional sessions may be reserved after that session is completed. If you need to reserve multiple sessions in advance, please contact the facility director prior to reserving time.
- Sessions are limited to two hours in duration. If you require a session that is longer than three hours, please contact the facility director prior to reserving time.
- If you are unable to use the microscope during the time that you have reserved, please let the facility director know 24 hours in advance. Repeat “no-shows” will lose their sign-up privileges.
- Users who do not arrive within 15 minutes of the beginning of the time block that they have reserved will forfeit their time on the microscope.
- Users are required to enter (in legible notation) all necessary information in the log-book before and after they use the microscope.
- Users must clean the microscope and dispose of garbage when finished. The last user of the evening is responsible for shutting the system down.
Scott Henderson, Ph.D.
Microscopy Facility Director